Benefits of becoming a member include receiving the AWIS Newsletter, staying in touch with AWIS, and having your say
Welcome to the Association for Women in the Sciences
Latest NewsAWIS has submitted their thoughts to the Minister for Science & Innovation on the National Statement of Science Investment.
We encourage women to use and develop their scientific abilities and to achieve their full potential.
Our Aims are to:
- Provide a network for women interested or working in the sciences to share scientific information, experience and skills.
- Explore and speak on issues relating to women and science.
- Provide social interaction with others who have similiar interests.
- Assist girls and women to gain confidence in their role in the sciences and increase self knowledge.
- Provide visibility for women in the sciences and to support women to achieve visibility in the sciences.
Follow us online:
Benefits of gender inclusive policies
Cate Macinnis-Ng, a Senior Research Fellow at The University of Auckland, reflects on the benefits of gender inclusive policies: