Benefits of becoming a member include receiving the AWIS Newsletter, staying in touch with AWIS, and having your say
Welcome to the Association for Women in the Sciences
Latest NewsAWIS has submitted their thoughts to the Minister for Science & Innovation on the National Statement of Science Investment.
We encourage women to use and develop their scientific abilities and to achieve their full potential.
Our Aims are to:
- Provide a network for women interested or working in the sciences to share scientific information, experience and skills.
- Explore and speak on issues relating to women and science.
- Provide social interaction with others who have similiar interests.
- Assist girls and women to gain confidence in their role in the sciences and increase self knowledge.
- Provide visibility for women in the sciences and to support women to achieve visibility in the sciences.
Follow us online:
First cohort of Teach First NZ students
The Teach First NZ Leadership Development programme launched in 2012 with its first cohort of participants stepping into their classrooms in Term 1 of this year.