Benefits of becoming a member include receiving the AWIS Newsletter, staying in touch with AWIS, and having your say
Welcome to the Association for Women in the Sciences
Latest NewsAWIS has submitted their thoughts to the Minister for Science & Innovation on the National Statement of Science Investment.
We encourage women to use and develop their scientific abilities and to achieve their full potential.
Our Aims are to:
- Provide a network for women interested or working in the sciences to share scientific information, experience and skills.
- Explore and speak on issues relating to women and science.
- Provide social interaction with others who have similiar interests.
- Assist girls and women to gain confidence in their role in the sciences and increase self knowledge.
- Provide visibility for women in the sciences and to support women to achieve visibility in the sciences.
Follow us online:
Kelly Tikao was the 2011 recipient of the Ria McBride Research Award from the New Horizons for Women Trust for her project: Looking to the Past to Improve the Future Iho – a Cord Between Two Worlds