Put your stamp on ICWES19
ICWES19 – Shaping the Future is taking place in New Zealand in September 2023. The programme includes 3 days of in-person and online sessions, hosted in Auckland, and 2 days of in-person field trips, hosted throughout the country. The programme includes keynote sessions and concurrent sessions. The concurrent programme content will be based around nine science themes and professional development workshops.
We’re looking for ten programme committees to develop the programme content. Each committee would have a Chair who reports back to the conference Organising Committee (OC).
The conference is being organised by a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), Conference Innovators, in association with the OC. The PCO will be responsible for administration around the programme, but not identification of and inviting speakers.
Theme programme committees
Each theme will have three sessions over the three days of the formal programme. Sessions are 2 hours long, with a potential mix of 15 minute and 30 minute talks. The formal programme will also include a poster session based around the themes. Most themes will also have an associated field trip in one region of New Zealand.
A theme programme committee will be responsible for:
- Sharing conference information with own network to generate abstract submissions
- Reading all abstracts received for the theme
- Identifying speakers for the theme from received abstracts
- Inviting speakers to present
- Identifying organisations to be part of the field trip
- Inviting organisations to be part of the field trip.
Once speakers and organisations have been identified, the PCO will take over the admin.
The themes are:
- Protecting and restoring the natural environment
- Enhancing liveability and urban transformation
- Revolutionising mobility
- Cleaning energy
- Improving health and healthcare
- Providing food security
- Advancing technology
- Protecting people
- Ensuring diversity in STEM
Main programme committee
The main programme committee will be responsible for the main body of the programme and the professional development workshops. The programme includes four keynote sessions (90 minutes), three professional development workshops (2 hours) as part of the concurrent programme, a panel discussion (approx. 90 minutes) and a breakfast panel (approx. 2 hours) that will be made available for public attendance (ticketed).
The main programme committee will be responsible for:
- Identifying keynote speakers from NZ and overseas
- Inviting keynote speakers to present
- Identifying topics and presenters for professional development workshops
- Inviting presenters to run workshops
- Setting panel discussion topics (breakfast panel and main panel)
- Identifying and inviting presenters for panels
Some budget has been allocated for speaker travel and workshops.
Once speakers have been identified, the PCO will take over the admin.
Each Committee will have a Chair, who will convene and oversee their Committee, and ensuring the programme development deadlines are met. The Committee Chairs will also be responsible for regular reporting on progress to the other Chairs and the Conference Committee, and for asking for assistance from others in the wider organising team when required.
ICWES19 – the 19th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists – is a triennial conference of the International Network of Women Engineers and Scientists (INWES). ICWES19 will be hosted by AWIS and Engineering New Zealand in Auckland in September 2023.
If you're interested in being on the committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with EoI organising committee as the Subject line.